Connect With Us
GET CONNECTED~STAY CONNECTED
with Swallow School
Here are some ways for parents and community members to keep up with what’s happening in the classroom, school, and district in the 2023-24 school year:
- Emails: Each classroom teacher keeps parents up-to-date with happenings specific to their classroom’s learning including information on field trips and special activities. Administrators also use email to directly communicate specific information with parents that is more timely or specific than what would generally be shared in other forms of communication.
- Infinite Campus Student/Parent Portal: The Infinite Campus (name of software) Portal is where students and parents see grades, assignments, receive some communication from teachers, and monitor lunch accounts. All regular and emergency parent contact information pulls from this database so please be sure to log-on to the parent portal and verify your email address(es) and any other personal information periodically throughout the year.
- Thursday Folder: Our weekly email informing parents of all-school functions and important news for the week to come. The Swallow Education Foundation (SEF) also publishes lots of information here!
- www.swallowschool.org: From important dates, to district and school news, to links to valuable resources, the Swallow website is the place to go to stay informed. Be sure to regularly check out the Parents, Students, Community, and Education Foundation (Like them on Facebook!) tabs for information.
- Swallow School District on Facebook and Instagram: Follow us on Facebook or Instagram to receive information, pictures, and announcements from Swallow. Find us at www.facebook.com/SwallowSchool and @swallowschooldistrict, respectively.
- SEF Meetings: The Swallow Education Foundation is Swallow's parent-teacher organization. The SEF meets monthly. Look for their announcements in the Thursday Folder and online.
- Superintendent Chats: Join Superintendent Dr. Jill Ries, to discuss timely topics. These are open conversation sessions where you can provide feedback, ask questions, and we will have conversations. The chats will take place at Swallow School. Please feel open to joining when it meets your schedule.
- January 11, 2024 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- February 14, 2024 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- March 21, 2024 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- April 10, 2024 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- May 10, 2024 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- CampusMessenger text/phone calling system: In the event of critical breaking news that affects students/Swallow families such as weather delays or cancellations, a bus accident or delay, activation of the School Emergency and Crisis Response Plan, or other unforeseen circumstance that requires immediate notification, all families who have opted in will receive text and/or phone messaging. Please be sure your family's emergency contact information is always current in Infinite Campus as that is where data is pulled for these notifications. If you need more information about this, please contact the front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swallow in the Spotlight: Swallow in the Spotlight is mailed to all district residents and open enrollment families twice a year to highlight the latest in student, school, and district accomplishments for the entire Swallow community.